This is a curated list of public-facing social media policies available in Australia; Britain; Canada; Italy and the U.S. It is also a work-in-progress and updates will be tweeted as I add more guidelines.
*The guidelines must be available online to be included*
ABC Australia Exhaustive and excellent.
Agence France Presse Seems outdated on the separate accounts information but some good advice on security.
The Associated Press Exhaustive and excellent – particularly on retweets. Bookmark.
BBC Britain In a nutshell: “Don’t be stupid.”
CAJ Canada One for the NUJ, SPJ, MEAA, EPMU etc to emulate.
CBC Canada More about damage to the brand than a guide for journos.
ESPN Must for aspiring sports journos.
LA Times Last updated 2009.
NPR Guidelines Comprehensive and clear.
PRISA, Spain. In Spanish
Reuters Some English humor in this doc!
RTDNA V good but could do with update.
Washington Post Great resource.
- Tip: Get email alerts for other Twitter accounts
- Inside Storyful's revamped newswire service
- Social content - getting your material liked and shared
- #Tip: How to use BuzzSumo to monitor social analytics
- How Trinity Mirror's data team developed their WWI search tool
- Lessons in creating a buzz on social media from BuzzFeed
- Why the Oxford Mail is experimenting with WhatsApp
- 10 social media tips for local news organisations